Revised: 1 March 2017
The use of "us", "our", we" means River Lettings Ltd.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (specifically your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to services provided by this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or River Sales Ltd;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our property search service, email and/or text notifications and/or newsletters provided by us or River Sales Ltd;
- any other information that you choose to send to us or River Sales Ltd.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit;
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
4. Using Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email and/or text notifications which you have specifically requested;
- arrange property visits and/or repairs;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you
relating to the website; and
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a
court or other competent authority for disclosure of that
personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such
court or authority would be reasonably likely to order
disclosure of that personal information.
6. Transfer of Data
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
7. Security of Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information that you provide on secure servers within the United Kingdom.
Where supplied, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
8. Policy Amendments
9. Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
10. Third Party Websites
Where this website contains links to other websites, we are responsible only for the privacy policies or practices of those websites. We accept no liability for the policies and practices of any other third party websites.
11. Updating Your Personal Information
If you are not a tenant, you may update or delete your personal information via the website as you please. We routinely permanently delete any registered applicant where registered for six or more weeks and been non-responsive on at least three successive occasions.
12. Contact Information
13. Data Controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is River Lettings Ltd whose registered offices are at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU. Our data protection registration number is Z2970527.